Chocolate brownie is an amazingly delicious chocolate pastry. Delicious and beautiful confection with cocoa, black chocolate and drops.
Chocolate brownie is an astoundingly delicious type of baked confection. Dessert made from a light biscuit with a lot of cocoa and dark chocolate.
It is a traditional American pastry, a distinctive one. The name obviously comes from the colour brown. The dessert appeared more than a century ago and instantly became popular.
There are numerous ways to cook brownies. Usually, it is either one small cake, or a large one cut into small portions. Texture varies significantly: it can be a cake or a delicate dessert. You can even make dense and dry biscuits if you like!
The key ingredient is a lot of cocoa.
The classic recipe includes walnuts and apricot jam glaze. Nowadays brownies recipes are way easier and focused on mass production of this confection. At first you may be amused by how little flour is used. But brownie will be quite light and very soft. And like I said earlier, you can change it to your liking.
There are three main types:
Fudgy – more chocolate, less flour. Texture is super-moist and a bit gooey.
Chewy – more eggs. You get a deep chocolate flavour, tender, moist and gooey centre (but not as moist and dense as fudgy brownie).
Cakelike – more flour and baking powder. As the name suggests – it reminds a good chocolate cake. It has lighter, more airy texture. But you still get the rich chocolate flavour.
Ingredients для брауни
- Dark chocolate 100g
- Butter 200g
- Eggs 3
- Flour 100g
- Cocoa powder 30g
- Brown sugar 120g
- White sugar 120g
- Chocolate drops 50g
- Salt, lemon zest, vanilla, vegetable oil additive
- You need a bar of dark chocolate. The packaging often shows the cacao content – 90-100%. It is bitter but works perfectly for brownies.
Set aside 20g for glaze.
- First you need to melt the butter and chocolate for the dough. This can be done in a saucepan or in a microwave.
Stir constantly. Remove from heat as soon as the butter and chocolate become liquid.
Let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Add sugar to a bowl. You can use 1 to 1 mixture or pure white/brown sugar as well, but it must be 250g.
Add 3 eggs, a pinch of salt and vanilla extract to taste.
- Beat eggs with sugar with a mixer, using regular beaters, until a thick foam is obtained. It is important that ingredients mix uniformly.
Add the cooled to the room temperature chocolate-butter mixture. Add 1 tbsp. of lemon zest.
- Add 100g of flour. Mix dough.
Now add cocoa powder. Mix again.
After mixing add chocolate chips. This time use a scraper or a spoon to mix the dough, so that chocolate drops remain whole.
- Turn the oven on to 180-190C.
One square tin is the best, but sometimes batter is split into several smaller tins. Line with baking parchment.
Pour the batter into the tin, use a rubber spatula to spread it evenly to all sides.
Put in the oven.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes. You can use a toothpick to check if your brownie is ready: stick it into the centre of the tin and pull out. If there is little or no sticked wet butter on it – put brownies out of the oven.
Let it cool.
- If you want to glaze your brownies, then simply melt 20g of chocolate that you left at the beginning, add some sugar and just a few teaspoons of water. Cover the brownies with the liquid glaze. It will harden after cooling.
When cooled to the room temperature – slice into square portions.
- Brownies have a strong chocolate flavour – it is not worth storing it for a long time. They will keep for about two weeks in an airtight container.
Homemade chocolate brownies are delicate and delicious. Enjoy!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐4.9 Reviews: 2895